What is Pediatric Chiropractic?
Pediatric Chiropractic care is Chiropractic care for infants and kids. It is safe, effective and can be an important part of your child’s life. Some kids are born into this world needing a little extra help, others need some help as they grow and develop. Dr. Leavitt can help parents determine what type of treatment is necessary as your kids mature.
Children should establish their chiropractic care history early in life. Just as a pediatrician does a “well” check-up on your children at key milestones, so does Dr. Leavitt. Important bio-medical milestones include:
- Rolling Over
- Sitting Up
- Playing Sports
However, if you see any of the following behavior, schedule an appointment sooner:
- Infant who has colic, acid reflux, trouble nursing, head tilt, trouble sleeping, or severe irritability
- Baby who is crawling unconventionally (scooting or commando crawling)
- Toddler who is increasingly clumsy or falls a lot
- Child who trampolines often
- Suspicion of scoliosis
- Any sporting or casual fall or injury